SINGLES MEET MARKET LIVE
Why we do what we do...
Let's face it, by now you know it takes meeting a number of people before you find someone you click with. But the problem is, how do you meet them in the first place? Sure there are ways--bars, blind dates, dating services, online, etc. But they all have their disadvantages and they take time...lots of it. What fun is it to wait around for someone to talk to you in a bar or risk rejection over and over again, striking up conversations with people you don't even know are single? What if the conversation goes well, what about the awkwardness afterwards with asking for phone numbers?
What we do...
With SINGLES MEET MARKET LIVE, you meet multiple people in less than 2 hours, that you KNOW are single and looking connect with others.
Think of it as a series of mini dates, without the hassle of endless messaging/phone calls/texts just to finally meet up for coffee or a drink! AND look at the money you save! You will meet more single people in one night of Speed Dating or Single Mingles than you will in a month or more with traditional dating!
Afterwards, if there's interest...anything from a first date...to "I'd like to continue talking", you can set up a mutual time to meet.
One of the best things about SINGLES MEET MARKET LIVE is that everyone there KNOWS why they are there, they WANT to be participating and are looking forward to meeting people...people like you! There's no pressure, no rejection, no embarrassment AND no games, just people wanting to meet others! It's pretty dang cool!
Together we are all building a group of caring, single people with integrity:
ADVICE ABOUT GOING TO EVENTS
Make your experience great!
We have been really contemplating wanting to give the BEST VALUE and as WONDERFUL of an experience as possible. Bottom line? We want you to really enjoy yourself, connect with some great people, and make new friends...but it's up to everyone to do their part by being kind and pleasant! We're all in this together! X♡
1. Look outside of yourself during this experience...what can you bring to this event with your personality, interests and experience? Be the person you would want to meet at a speed dating event! How can YOU make the experience the very best for the person across from you? Smile, be kind, be interested.
2. Be brave. Talk to others. Make THEM feel welcome. Think of this more like networking...it's less intimidating. You'll meet some amazing people that you may want to hang out with, but perhaps not necessarily date (of the same sex OR opposite sex). It's FUN to do things with other SINGLES so we're not the dreaded 3rd wheel with our couple friends OR get stuck doing activities ALONE.
3. Think about others: when you meet a cool person of ANY AGE and ask yourself, "Who do I know who may be a good match for this wonderful person?"
4. Know your non-negotiables: I believe that each time we put ourselves out there, we get MORE clear on what we want, and that means we are that much closer to finding our actual match. :) And meeting more people helps us get clear on what we want and what we DON'T want! That is VERY helpful.
5. Enjoy the journey: This is the single most important person that YOU GET TO CHOOSE to bring into your life so it's ok that it takes time. How much time to do you spend picking out a car or insurance or a new big TV? Well, this is bigger than THAT. And honestly, it probably won't happen on the first Speed Dating event that you do because we are so complicated as humans...especially when it comes to love and relationships. :)
6. Be someone you'd want to date: push yourself a little to get out of your comfort zone. Be someone YOU'D want to date by following the rules, showing up on time, and being kind! And no complaining about your ex!
7. We are planning to have these events monthly! So, we ask that as this starts, people participate and realize that it is going to evolve over the next couple of months as more and more people become involved. As people hear about it and attend, it's going to be even MORE AWESOME!!
For that reason, we will be having package deals and discounts for repeat attendance to support those who are supportive to this mission. The survival of this group needs everyone to spread the word and bring single friends.
It's really exciting to be starting something this fantastic here in Spokane...but it is also expensive and time consuming for the Meetup organizers. Therefore, we love and appreciate people signing up AND ATTENDING from the beginning so we can build something AMAZING together! We ask for patience, understanding and caring....and keeping to your RSVP. THAT'S the community of singles we are building.
I'm a little nervous going to a singles event, any advice?
You may be new to dating so you may be nervous about attending an event. However, there is absolutely no reason to be nervous ... everyone at the event is just like you - single and looking to meet other singles. The events are very low pressure, organized and take place in a structured setting. You never have to worry about approaching someone at our events, because they are expecting and waiting for you to approach them! Don't let nerves stop you from an opportunity to meet someone great!
Will it be ok if I come alone?
Absolutely! There is no reason to feel awkward about attending an event alone. In fact, MOST of the people attending an event come alone. Before we begin, the hosts will go through the process so you will never feel as if you don't know what is going on. Once at an event you will be paired at a table with someone and engaged in conversation, therefore having a friend with you is not necessary.
However, people also have a great time when they bring along their friends. IF you don't have any single friends, these events are a GREAT place to meet new friends of either sex!
Ladies - Our events make a great "ladies night out", so encourage your single girlfriends to join you for more fun times! And you can be looking out for matches for your friends as well as yourself... and that feminine energy is sexy to men!
Gentlemen - There's nothing that will make women swoon more than a few guy friends walking in together...and that male energy is sexy to women! Women prefer men who have good male friends.
What if I don't find anyone that I'd want to date again?
We are so confident our events work that you can come back for FREE if there isn't anyone at the event you are interested in having as friends or a first date! To receive a free pass to another event, you must be there for the entire event and let us know within 48 hours of the event ending, and select "NO" to everyone, indicating you did not see anyone there you were interested in seeing again. You are eligible for one Free Pass per paid event. It is usually rare that we have someone with no interest in anyone at an event, but it can happen so the free pass takes the worry out of signing up. Bottom line? We want you to have a great time...such a great time that you give us raving reviews and want to invite your friends to our next event!